- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 pieces
- Flour, for dredging
- 1 egg, beaten
- Italian(or plain) bread crumbs, for dredging
Dredge each Cheesy Mac square in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
The Lady's Cheesy Mac
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar.
In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Top with additional cheese if desired, and bake a few minutes more until cheese is melted.